If you gotta work why not do it while traveling on a Cruise Ship?
Assistant Cruise Director, Norwegian Cruise Line, US
To Apply: Click here
The Assistant Cruise Director is under the direction of the Cruise Director. Assistant Cruise Director is responsible for the supervision of all personnel within the shipside Entertainment Department. Responsible for the supervision of guest related activities including games of chance as it related to the Passenger Programs Entertainment Department. Must be able to fill in for the Cruise Director whenever necessary.
- This role is responsible for assisting the cruise director in coordinating all entertainment, recreational and social activities as programmed by the cruise director.
- He/she must serve as an effective liaison between the cruise director and the entertainment/cruise staff department. In addition, he/she must have the ability to work as the liaison between the cruise director and other division heads in a manner, which promotes teamwork, and working toward the common goal of passenger satisfaction.
- He/she needs to insure that all activities are properly staffed and that events run safely and begin promptly as scheduled.
- Must have the ability to serve as an effective master of ceremonies.
- He/she must be familiar with the roles of all cruise staff members, and be prepared to assist with any and all activities.
- He/she needs to have on file a complete breakdown of responsibilities by activity each day on each specific vessel.
- He/she needs to continually train staff members and to provide feedback in terms of overall job performance.
- Needs to be accessible to and approachable with the passengers. He/she must be capable of being a patient listener while making the passengers feel at home.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or as directed. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
- Must be familiar with the Safety and Environmental Protection Policy and the SEMS, and carry out the policies and procedures appropriate for his/her position.
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum of three years’ experience in the service industry including, but not limited to participation and supervision of social, recreation and entertainment activities is required.
- Minimum of one year management experience is required.
- Basic to Intermediate experience and knowledge of accounting procedures is required.
- Intermediate to Advanced level English verbal and writing skills, including the proper use of English grammar is required.
- Intermediate to Advanced skills in typing and computer software skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, Fidelio Cruise, Micros) is required.
- High school diploma or foreign equivalent is required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Arts, Recreation, Hospitality or Business is preferred.
- Extrovert, quick and critical thinker, witty personable and articulate.
- Must be service oriented.
- Passionate about hospitality and customer service driven
- Must have a professional appearance and good hygiene
- Respect for all co-workers and guests
- Pride in your work by creating positive energy, excitement and fun
- Able to work 7 days a week
- Demonstrate positive behaviors; smiling, being polite and courteous
- Able to develop a camaraderie with team members
- Ability to live in close quarters, share limited space with other cabin-mates
If you’re interested to be considered for this position, please click the blue APPLY button at the top of the page to get started.
THE NORWEGIAN FAMILY OF BRANDS
Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Ltd. is a diversified cruise operator of leading global cruise lines spanning market segments from contemporary to luxury under the brands Norwegian Cruise Line®, Oceania Cruises® and Regent Seven Seas Cruises®.
GET SOCIAL WITH US!