The Day Habilitation Activities Coordinator will assist the Program Director and Case Managers with the planning and implementation of therapeutic programs and activities in a variety of settings in compliance with applicable laws, regulations, and Agency standards.
Monday through Friday, 8:30am – 3:30pm
- Assists the Program Director in the planning and implementation of weekly activities utilizing input from the individuals at the program.
- Support the developmental specialists throughout the day to ensure therapeutic activities are being followed according to the participants’ goals and schedule.
- Ensure daily that all materials are available for the scheduled therapeutic activities.
- Collaborates with the Case Managers and Program Director to provide a schedule to support the participant’s service plan goals.
- Coordinates departmental weekly and daily schedules to ensure appropriate staffing while accounting for scheduled staff absences.
- Provides coverage for the program when needed to maintain staff to participant ratios.
- Accurate and timely submittal of required documentation and reports.
- Provides transportation for individuals on community activities as needed.
- Assists in the preparation of meals and snacks.
- Provides personal care for individuals on an as-needed basis.
- Recognizes and responds to the needs of individuals on an individual or group basis.
- Functions as a positive role model for individuals and staff members in attitude, social interaction, and responsibility.
- Maintains confidentiality of individual, agency, and employee information.
- Attend meetings/training activities as appropriate.
- Maintains positive relationship with individuals, Arc Program, Administrative and Clinical staff, families, business contacts, DDS personnel, representatives of other service providers, regulatory agencies, and all Agency Personnel as appropriate to specific issues and needs.
- Other related duties as required.
- A Valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record and CORI is required at all times during employment with The Arc of Opportunity.
- High School Diploma or equivalent with two years’ experience working with special needs population or a college degrees
- Good ability to communicate effectively with people.
- Good organizational skills.
- Flexibility, poise, tact and the ability to develop rapport with individuals of various backgrounds and positions.
- Advanced customer service demeanor, ability to deal with sensitive and confidential employee issues.
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs.
- Physical demands include: Frequent standing, pushing, pulling, walking, stooping, lifting and twisting.
- Functional and situational reasoning to follow policy, problem solve, exercise sound judgment, prioritize multiple tasks, and crisis manage.
- Cross functional communication skills, written and oral, which convey clear and concise information in a professional and respectful manner to individuals supported, family members/guardians, peers, government agencies, community partners and all employees throughout the organization.
- Must maintain and provide proof of minimum levels of auto insurance coverage as specified by The Arc of Opportunity.
Comprehensive benefits package including vacation and sick leave, paid holidays, health, dental, life, disability, and 401K. Advancement opportunities.
The Arc of Opportunity is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applications from women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are strongly encouraged.
The Arc of Opportunity North Central Massachusetts is a smoke free workplace and campus.
Salary$14.35 per hour