Position Summary: Works with employers to determine skills and behavioral requirements for a job that will be filled by a client. Coaches the employee/client prior to reporting for the job on expectations including transportation to job, behavior at work, required job skills and work production.
Monday through Friday, 11am to 5pm but must have flexibility to work nights and weekends as needed.
- Coaches individuals with disabilities on-the-job in meeting goals and behavioral expectations of employer.
- Sets goals for employee/client and works with him/her to achieve those goals. Periodically assesses employee/client achievement.
- Maintains associated records. Recommend amendments and goal modifications when appropriate.
- Conduct task analysis for jobs as required.
- Provide re-training and update training of workers, as necessary, based on jobsite skills.
- Provide and/or coordinate transportation for individuals with disabilities. May include travel/mobility training.
- Cross functional communication skills, written and oral, which convey clear and concise information in a professional and respectful manner to individuals supported, residential staff, families/guardians, peers, government agencies, community partners and all employees throughout the organization.
- Attends mandatory trainings and meetings as assigned and required. Maintains all required certifications.
- Knowledgeable about community resources to better assist individuals served in achieving their goals while seeking to empower and enhance their quality of life.
- Conducts oneself professionally, maintaining respect, following regulations and agency policies and adhering to confidentiality requirements in all assigned duties.
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs.
- Physical demands include: Frequent standing, pushing, pulling, walking, stooping, lifting and twisting.
- Ability to perform physical restraint if necessary.
- Frequent driving of a motor vehicle and/or van, agency and/or personal.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A Valid driver’s license is required
- Acceptable driving record and CORI is required at all times during employment with The Arc of Opportunity.
- High school diploma or GED is required
- One to two years of direct care service in programs for individuals with disabilities.
- Must maintain and provide proof of minimum levels of auto insurance coverage as specified by The Arc of Opportunity.
- Must have a reliable form of transportation.
Comprehensive benefits package including vacation and sick leave, paid holidays, health, dental, life, disability, and 401K. Advancement opportunities.
The Arc of Opportunity is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applications from women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are strongly encouraged.
The Arc of Opportunity North Central Massachusetts is a smoke free workplace and campus.
QualificationHigh School Diploma or GED
Salary$14.39 per hour